- Always try to wear cotton clothes during your periods, if possible, loose fitting.
- Having one grated carrot with coconut oil, sea salt and vinegar is a must before, during, and after your periods. During your periods you can have two carrots. Always take it in the afternoon.
- Aloe vera juice is helpful in soothing the stomach layers. Take at least one teaspoon of Aloe Vera juice three times in a day.
- Walking is the best exercise you can do during your periods.
- Eating light food is advisable – usually soups, fruits, cottage cheese, broth are good. Kichdi with ghee – an Indian light meal is another good example.
- Every night, take bath in two scoops of Epsom salt dissolved in bath/bucket of water. Epsom salt has a very calming effect on your body and helps to reduce aches, pain and get a good sleep.
- Periods are nature’s way to protect women from diseases and to help them in reproduction. It is not a curse; rather a unique gift to you. Enjoy and celebrate your womanhood every month!
If the above works for you, please drop me a message. I always love to hear the feedback on my tips!